cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Apple AirPrint works Linksys E1000 - does not work RV-220W

halmillett
Level 1
Level 1

As subject line states - have a linksys E1000 unit that the AirPrint feature works across wireless iPhones - iPads and Mac Books, when printing to an Epson Workforce 545 wireless printer. Firmware states to be current on the Epson.

Recently replaced the E1000 with an RV-220w unit and getting "no printers found" on the iphones - ipads. Works on the MacBook Air unit.

Bonjour discovery service is enabled on the RV220w - enabled the WMM feature on the SSID (per article I read) -  Enabled IGMP per another article I read, still not working.

Have re-installed the E1000 as an interim until I can find a fix on this issue. If anyone has any suggestions, would appreciate. Very little info going the google search route. TIA

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

halmillett,

Browse to Wireless-> Basic Settings. Check if 'Wireless Isolation within SSID' is enabled. If so, disable it and try to print wirelessly. If this doesn't work, try connecting the printer to the router temporarily with an ethernet cable and test. I use an RV220W at home with a wireless Brother printer and it works perfectly from all wired and wireless devices.

Everything is on the same VLAN?

Please reply with the results.

- Marty

View solution in original post

Apologies for delay in responding. Got to the customer site on the day I was heading off on vacation, and forgot to follow-up.

But your suggestion on the SSID isolation was spot-on. Disabled and AirPrint immediately began working on these "i" gadgets.

Appreciate your prompt assistance -

Hal

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

halmillett,

Browse to Wireless-> Basic Settings. Check if 'Wireless Isolation within SSID' is enabled. If so, disable it and try to print wirelessly. If this doesn't work, try connecting the printer to the router temporarily with an ethernet cable and test. I use an RV220W at home with a wireless Brother printer and it works perfectly from all wired and wireless devices.

Everything is on the same VLAN?

Please reply with the results.

- Marty

"Wireless Isolation Within SSID" is enabled - and yes everything is on the same VLAN (1).

It will be later this week before I can get back to the customer account to test the "wireless isolation" suggestion. It's currently off network.

Appreciate the assistance and will update as soon as I have something to report -

Hal

Apologies for delay in responding. Got to the customer site on the day I was heading off on vacation, and forgot to follow-up.

But your suggestion on the SSID isolation was spot-on. Disabled and AirPrint immediately began working on these "i" gadgets.

Appreciate your prompt assistance -

Hal

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Hal,

Thank you for the update. Glad to know it's now working properly.

- Marty