cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can not access router (192.168.1.1) from firefox web browser

Lee Buck
Level 1
Level 1

when i try to access my RV042G  Gigabit Dual WAN VPN Router from firefox or chrome i get an error message

>> An error occurred during a connection to 192.168.1.1. SSL received a weak ephemeral Diffie-Hellman key in Server Key Exchange handshake message. (Error code: ssl_error_weak_server_ephemeral_dh_key) <<

i had a similar problem with network attached storage unit (Synology Diskstation) but i was able to create a new certificate that meets "modern standards" and the problem was resolved.

do i need to create a new certificate for the web server on the RV042G router?  how?

fyi -- running firmware 4.2.3.06

thanks

Lee

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

slstratt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Lee,

Thank you for using the Small Business Support Community!

This is a known issue that affects a number of small business products. There's another post which can be found here that has a few solutions you could try.

If you have any more questions, please post them here and I'll do my best to help you!

Best,

Taylor

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

slstratt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Lee,

Thank you for using the Small Business Support Community!

This is a known issue that affects a number of small business products. There's another post which can be found here that has a few solutions you could try.

If you have any more questions, please post them here and I'll do my best to help you!

Best,

Taylor

thank you!.. i followed the instructions for changing firefox settings and access is permitted now -- presumably at the expense of some reduced level of security in the browser... :-(

any idea if Cisco intends to address this issue?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: