cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can the RV180W have multiple SSIDs with different security configurations?

cprewitt
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure the RV180W with a guest network and regular wireless network. The regular wireless network is just a bridge to the wired network, using WPA2-Pers for authentication. I built and enabled another wireless SSID, using a different VLAN and no authentication. I can get both SSIDs to function at the same time if I turn off security. Once I turn on Security, the regular one no longer functions.

5 Replies 5

LJ Gabrillo
Level 5
Level 5

Based on its documentation: LINK HERE
It can support up to 4 SSIDs

Don't forget to rate and mark as correct! :)

I agree that it should support it, but it doesn't seem to work. I haven't been able to find any documentation that shows how to set up multiple SSIDs.

It is actually all in the manual:

SEE: PDF MANUAL
Page 63 of PDF and onwards

Do note that you need to assign multiple VLAN per SSID. Check the manual it is there :D

and based on the manual you need to enable multiple VLAN support: See page 34 of the manual: Configuring Virtual LAN (VLAN) Membership

Don't forget to rate and mark as answer helpful posts! :)

I have VLAN 1 for the wired and regular network, and VLAN 10 for the Guest wireless. If I turn off Wireless Security both SSID's function. If I turn on WPA2 or WPA on one of the SSID's, the client cannot connect with that SSID. If I turn on WPA2 or WPA on both SSID's, client cannot connect to either SSID.

I will double check the VLAN configuration, but if I turn off security everything works.

Considering you constantly change the SSID setting auth/encry type. Did you make sure to delete the Wireless profile in your computer?

Computers remember the SSID they have connected to. If you don't delete/change their setting they can't connect.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: