Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

New Firmware available for RV340 Series Router family! This includes the RV340, RV340W, RV345, and RV345P

To learn more and get the latest Firmware version click here.

Community Member

Cannot connect to shared resources over VPN - RV215W

I've got a RV215W VPN router.  We have properly configured it for PPTP, and added users and everyone is able to connect to the VPN remotely.   That's half the battle.

However, now that we're connected, we cannot see the internal resources.  We cannot browse the network devices, and even knowing the server's name and IP address, we cannot connect to a shared resource on the server.

We have tried both the UNC name, as well as ip address.  The server pings by IP with no problem, but will not explore the server nor even verify its existance.

So, what am I missing?  Shouldnt PPTP do this?  I have the Netbios turned on, on both the basic screen and the advanced screen.

2 REPLIES
Community Member

Really?  Not a single view in

Really?  Not a single view in 16 hours?  No product support, and no views in the forums?

*EDIT*

That's odd.  I showed ZERO views until i posted this comment.  Now its at 24 views.

Community Member

Hello,In order to better

Hello,

In order to better understand the problem we would need some further information regarding your topology, configuration file and IP addressing scheme, also the default gateway of the clients in your LAN. The best approach in your case will be to contact us via phone and open a support ticket with us so we can troubleshoot at best your current issue. What you'll need for opening a ticket is the serial number of the unit and a cisco.com profile registration (the username of it).

Please find below our contact details.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Feel free to contact us during the local business hours of your country.

Thank you in advance for your time, collaboration and comprehension.

Best Regards,  

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content