cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot log into RV042

spmckeon1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.  I have a RV042 router (Ser#: NKS10462300, HW V3) running Firmware version v4.0.2.08-tm (Jan 14 2011 22:08:38) set up as a gateway.  Right after it boots I am able to long into its web interface but shortly after that if I try to log into it I go through a very log time out while the web page is waiting the router to respond and then eventually IE comes back and says it 'cannot display the web [age'.  Any help on this would be apriciated - Thanks, Stephen

32 Replies 32

I have exactly the same problem with two RV042 at two different customer sites.

Both RV042 are HW V3 with latest Firmware.

After a reboot or a change in one or both of the internet connections the router wouldn't let me log in via webinterface.

Every implemented Service (advanced routing, DHCP, DNS, NAT, a.s.o.) works fine but HTTP-administration doesn't.

Is there a bugfix planned to that issue?

Regards

Christian

So, yesterday I upgraded my firmware to 4.04.02-tm and had the same results, could not log in after I exited my first session.  I then changed usr name and owds back to the factory settings and I have been able to log in since.  Go figure, this does not make sense...

Stephen

I'm having the same problem, so that the said Stephen has to use the default login, I will test.

André Szytko

André Szytko

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, post in "small business - routers". You can move your post using the actions panel on the right.

To me this discussion forum is "Small Business Support Community - Small Business Routers - Discussion," is right.

André Szytko

André Szytko

raszytko15
Level 1
Level 1

Actually, I went back to the default login and gave no error. Question how to block access to the remote management via wan leaving only via lan, not to block other remote access and SSH as TS passing through the router?

André Szytko

André Szytko

You have to specifically enable remote management, so to "block" Remote Management, just disable it on the Firewall page.  This has nothing to do with other services.

raszytko15
Level 1
Level 1

Problem, a week later, even with the default login error continues, I will upgrade to new firmware that came v4.2.1.02 and see if it resolves.

André Szytko

André Szytko

I second this problem, we're on version 4.2.1.02, anyone found a solution?

Peter

Also updated the firmware to v4.2.1.02-20120118-RV0XX-code, and the problem continues. Interesting how we are forum Cisco and Cisco nobody speaks anything.

André Szytko

André Szytko

since updating, have you reverted the router to factory defaults and then reprogrammed it?   The RV0xx models occasionally require this sort of attention.

Also, see my reply above about remote management question.

I did this procedure.

The problem was with the factory firmware, then upgrade to v4.1.1.01, and again with the update v4.2.1.02, and even leaving the factory login (admin / admin) the problem happens, either by logging wan as the lan.

André Szytko

André Szytko

And every time I need to access the RV042 after a while I have to turn off and on.

André Szytko

André Szytko

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Why would Remote Management affect access to the router from the LAN? Strange.

Router has been on this firmware for some time now and I only ran into this logon problem a couple of days ago.

Have been messing around with QuickVPN for some time, never got it to work properly and after the threads I found in this forum I guess I never will. I'll try to re-program the thing today although I don't consider that a lasting solution...

We were looking for a reasonably priced small business router with VPN functionality to deploy at our clients sites, considering the trouble we're having even with basic functionality I guess this is not it.

Any Cisco techs who would like to comment?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: