cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Cable Modem?

mallardnathan
Level 1
Level 1

Does Cisco manufacture a Small Business Cable Modem that's fully DOCSIS compatible that we could purchase when we switch to Cable Broadband in the near future? They're offiering us a Motorola modem, but I prefer Cisco-brand products.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution
23 Replies 23

Thanks for the info! Is there one that's just a regular wired Cable Modem? I already have a Cisco Router and Switch and just need a standalone modem for it. Thanks!

Thanks mate. Is this compatible with Australian ISP s  (Bigpond) & available to buy in Australia ?

Is this compatible with Australian ISP s  (Bigpond) & available to buy in Australia ?

I believe this is only available with US and Canada.

Thanks for the info! I'll show these to our ISP and see which one we should use. I know that'll work in US and CA, and they might work in some European countries as well. For an Australian ISP, you just need to show this to your ISP and ask them if one will work.

Thanks for the ratings Nathan.  There's a drop-down menu on the right-hand side of the page with a list of providers. 

Quick question. Will these modems (I'm specifically looking at the DPC 3010) still work after IPv6 is implemented on a network connection if used with an IPv6 compatible Cisco Small Business router? Does the modem just supply the data pipeline or does it need any special IPv6 support on it?

Thanks!

Also, do I need to update the firmware on the DPC 3010 from time to time or only my router's firmware?

Thanks!

check your ISP for firmware updates Nathan. they should be able to update over the network but best check one of the ISP/Cisco forums on this.

Regards Simon
http://www.linksysinfo.org

Regards Simon

Sounds good. My ISP just provisioned this modem for me the same time I got the RV042G, so I probably have their latest firmware for it. They'll probably automatically push firmware updates over-the-network, but I may email them and double-check.

My local ISP tries to push Motorola modems on us and make us pay hefty rental fees, but I purchased the Cisco DPC 3010 instead. Glad I did. It's a way better modem and no high rental fees. :-)

Thanks again!

Nathan,

Your cable service provider should push firmware updates for your cable modem, if it is on their supported list.

Out of curiosity, if you don't mind sharing, what did you decide about the voip phones?

Best,

David

Edited: Simon, looks like you managed to post, and even got a reply before I managed to hit the submit button. Well done +5

Yep just got there before you

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Regards Simon

Hi David! I can definitely update you on the VOIP phones. Well, we fiddled around more with ADA's and stuff and still couldn't get the results we wanted, so we decided to break down and get an IP phone with DECT 6 handsets. We chose the Snom M9 since our VOIP provider recommended it, and we knew we could get everything working perfectly with it. Found it on Amazon for about $270 total, which included 3 handsets and the shipping charges to ship from a couple locations. One of the handets and the base station arrived last week, and the rest should be arriving this week. Still took a few hours on the phone with RingCentral support to get the Snom M9 functioning on their setup (since the instructions on their website were completely wrong), but once we got the base station configured, everything kicked in and we've had a great working phone with all the features. Still learning how to use it, and we're tweaking sound settings and stuff as we go with it, but so far so good. When the other handsets arrive, I should be able to just pair them up with the base station and keep on going. It was a little more costly than using an ADA with a regular phone, but we are getting excellent sound quality, the features "just work" without fiddling around a bunch of settings, the quality of the phone itself is pretty solid and, the phone is very easy to use, and I can eBay all my current phones and send back the ADA's and equipment and it not be too costly for us.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: