cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Dual Gigabit WAN VPN Router (RV042G-NA) Headed for the TIP

AMGTECHIE
Level 1
Level 1

It was with great expectations and the reputation of Cisco support and advanced design that I purchased the Cisco Dual Gigabit WAN VPN Router (RV042G-NA)

Our system is reasonable. Cable modem 100mb plus and 5 mb/3.5 on a DSK. 

First. the configuration would not stay in memory. Software Upgrade after upgrade o NEVER addressed the issues we were suffering:

If we're in the balancing Load Balance (Auto Mode) it never holds the changes fand I have to execute them  the , it seems to never releael

1. Drop first WAN anytime an entry was updated, it would dump. Tried temperature control  by placing fans around the box NO CHANGE.

2. Upgrades failed repeatedly reacquiring a restoration to to any earlier version and then another attempted upgrade. 

3. In the Smart mode if backup if  the primary LAN goes down is takes 10-15 seconds to transfer to the secondary. When the WAN 2 comes back on, it almost NEVER switches back to the WAN 1 meaning it stays on the slower WAN                 

WAN2 would go off line. If WAN 1 was slow or down, then after 5 or more seconds a6u454t8ewpm60mt

The usual technique is the reboot the system repeatedly and frequently the Cable Modem too.

The only saving grace is we have a remote power controller so we can doe a remote hardware hard reboot. of the router and the cable modem. 

FINALLY THIS IS ENOUGH tp lINE WEOL GGGGGG

Andonand own

rid fi

a

VPN hangs the standard 

1 Reply 1

cindy toy
Level 7
Level 7

This is a duplicate post. Please refer to this post: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12306786/cisco-dual-gigabit-wan-vpn-router-rv042g-na-headed-tip

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!