Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISR 4331 100base LX/LH SFP transceiver module Single Mode

Ernesto1
Level 1
Level 1

Team,

I have a Cisco ISR 4331 router and I need connect to a 100base LX/LH SFP transceiver module Single Mode, I saw there is 2 SFP 100base for this router  

GLC-FE-100BX-D
GLC-FE-100BX-U

Do you know which interface type BX10-U or BX10-D, is compatible with LX?

Thank you so much in advance

2 Replies 2

chrihussey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't think these SFPs are compatible with a standard SFP on the other end. The BX10-U and BX10-D use a single fiber for transmit and recieve. The U transmits at 1310nm and receives at 1550nm and the D transmits at 1550 nm and receives at 1310nm. So they are used on either side of a link.

According to this link the GLC-FE-100LX should work as long as you have a minimum IOS of 16.4.1 or 3.10.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/routers/4000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/relevant-interfaces-and-modules.html#small-form-factor-pluggable

Hope this helps

Chrihussey

That is a great information I will try to get a GLC-FE-100LX I am sure that I have one in somewhere, let me get it and I will replay with the results.

Again, thank you so much.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: