Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco RV 042G Backup VPN

Hello Support,

I am currently configuring a Cisco RV 042.. I tested failover and it works fine with two ISPs, however I cannot get the backup tunnel to work. I followed the instructions in links for this however, when I failover the primary WAN interface, the backup VPN never comes up. The VPN i have configured with an ASA 5505. The primary WAN works fine with the VPN, but when I failover, the backup never comes up. I configured the dead peer and backup settings on the Cisco RV 042G, and built the second VPN (to the second ISP) on the ASA 5505, but it doesn't come up.

My question is, is the backup VPN feature on the RV042 G designed only to work if your using another RV042 G on the other side? Thanks in advance for all help and comments

4 REPLIES

bump. Can anyone help on the

bump. Can anyone help on the above topic?

Bronze

Hi Your ASA 5505 should have

Hi

Your ASA 5505 should have option to configure VPN tunnel with secondary WAN information of RV42.Since once WAN1 of RV042 got failed your tunnel will be up with WAN2(secondary connection)

regards

Moorthy

thank you vasukris. Would you

thank you vasukris. Would you be able to provide the command output for this on the ASA side?

Bronze

Hi,I am not sure about ASA

Hi,

I am not sure about ASA configuration.Kindly post your question on ASA supportform site to get the right configuration for Backup VPN.

regards

Moorthy

Views
Helpful
Replies