Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV042 Issues

glenn_btn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I have installed our first RV042 router as I was getting a little sick of the poor state of play with Zyxel, and hope to use the for all my customer in future.

We have an issue where every morning when the user arrives for work there seems to be no internet. The isp says it's fine and up but no one can work, rebooting the router resolves the issue. We are just using wan1 and have installed the latest firmware but keep getting this issue. I swapped out the router with another make and this seems fine. It's as though something times out and stops the router from working

Anyone got any clues here please

Thanks

Glenn

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ismael Arroyo
Level 1
Level 1

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ismael Arroyo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ismael,

Sometimes good answers rises more questions (smile).

Since a few months i do have a RV042G dual WAN router and configured it basicly. Firmware: 4.2.3.09.  WAN1 is connected to the ISP-router (which is configured in bridgemode), and WAN2 is not in use. Now I see this NSD Fail message in the log file too (one occurence till now) So I'm trying to find out what it means.... 

I can imagine that if NSD detects that WAN2 is not active, it reports regurlarly a message into the log saying that is has a problem with WAN2 (instead of WAN1), but that is not the case. But logically I can go with you if you suggest to disable WAN2 on the router.

What I dont understand is why the Router would shutdown WAN1 for it. Is there a reason for it?

My other question is: Why would I disable NSD when only WAN1 is active? If it has problems with WAN1 it is nice to find that in your logfile otherwise you would have no clue why you experiencing problems with your ISP-connection?

thanks in advance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: