Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco RV042 Routing Question

Hello,

I have two locations that use RV042 and are connected using gateway to gateway VPN. We are moving to using an dedicated Ethernet hand-off point to point connection between the two locations. I will not need the Gateway vpn any longer.

How do I setup routing between the two offices using the RV042s? Can I setup a static route that would direct all traffic for the other network to go to a specific port on the RV? Is there a better way to do this?

Here is the config:

Office 1 10.10.12.x, class C, WAN 1 is connected to Internet

Office 2 10.10.10.x. class C, WAN 1 is connected to Internet

• Small Business Routers
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Hello jaiello011,

Hello jaiello011,

You definitely can create static IP routes on both RV042's, in order to do so please do the following:

• In the web configuration interface of your router please go to Setup--->Advanced Routing--->Static Routing.
  • On destination IP you can enter 10.10.12.0 (or 10.10.10.0 depending on the router you're configuring), subnet 255.255.255.0 (class C), default gateway as the other router's IP address, hop count as the amount of hops it takes to reach the other end and interface as the port you'd like to use (i.e. WAN 1).

Remember you will have to do this on both sites for this configuration to work, if you have any question don't hesitate to let us know.

Have a great day!

Views
Helpful
Replies