Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO RV042 telnet password

Geogufo8978
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all,

i'm just wondering about how a legal buyer of that appliance cannot know the password for accessing via telnet.

I've got a RV042 V3 and i've enabled telent access. By the way, i tried several usernames and passwords but they didn't work.

Does anybody know the correct credentials?

Thank you very much

PC please don't say we cannot access via telnet: in every online store where you can buy RV042 NOW it says "service supported: telnet". Fake spots?

7 Replies 7

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

>in every online store  where you can buy RV042 NOW it says "service supported: telnet". Fake  spots?

Telnet access to RV0xx is not supported. Cisco security standard requires SSH if CLI is supported on a given product.

If the ads said differently, it needs be corrected. Sorry.

Thank you for your answer. Well, on previous Lynksys RV042 (V2) routers telnet was supported. V3 hardware and software are quite the same as previous version, and infact i was abel to enable telnet response typing "

http:///sysinfo123.htm?ConsoleSimulation=1"

Now it asks me for username and password.

Ok, now telnet is not supported. Could you please tel me how i can connect with SSH to my CISCO RV042?

Kind regards

Frank

Your request will be passed on to the product management team as an enhancement request to support SSH on RV042.

Thank you MR tekliu.

Could you please tell me the timing of the response?

I really need the option to connect adn configure the RV042 remotely.

Kind regards

Frank

May I know how you would use the telnet/ssh interface, if the product supports it? Do you need it to automate administrative tasks (e.g. you have many devices to manage) or do you want to change certain configuration parameter that is not available through Web admin interface?

Dear tekliu,

i posted another discussion because since the beginning i wasn't able to sum upstream bandwidht with my RV042.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3611672#3611672

This is the link of my new discussion about it.

Looking on internet i found some instructions i may try in order to try to solve this issue.

By the way i need also to automate the rebooting of my network device, the changing of WANs (if i use smart link backup, sometimes i need to use WAN1 and other times the WAN2: now i have to connect with web managemente and disconnect WAN1) anod the changing the connection mode (load balance or smart backup).

Thank you,

Frank

Hi there,

anybody can answer me?

Thanks

Fra