Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco RV042G VPN Gateway to Gateway problem

Hello,

I'm trying to connect two sites together with VPN with two Cisco RV042G -routers. The first site has an fixed IP and the other site has DDNS.

I can connect client to site VPN to both places but site to site is not working.

I have updated the firmware in both routers.

Here is the log:

Sep 23 03:47:34 2013VPN Log(g2gips0) #1: [Tunnel Negotiation Info] >>> Initiator Send Aggressive Mode 1st packet
Sep 23 03:47:34 2013VPN Log(g2gips0) #1: ERROR: asynchronous network error report on eth1 for message to 194.157.123.12port 500, complainant 194.157.123.12: Connection refused [errno 146, origin ICMP type 3 code 3 (not authenticated)]

Please help.

Everyone's tags (2)
1 REPLY
Bronze

Cisco RV042G VPN Gateway to Gateway problem

Dear Antti,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

I would first like to refer to the below article just to make sure you follow the recommended Site to Site VPN configuration using DynDNS on side of the tunnel;

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/Loginr.aspx?login=1&pid=2&app=search&vw=1&articleid=3094

I then like to point to some of the "Advanced IPsec" settings you may have configured; for example try unchecking the "Aggressive Mode" so it becomes "Main mode" on both ends, then test, if the problem persists then uncheck the "Dead Peer Detection" and "Compress" advanced settings and if still no success please screenshot these VPN settings and send them over so we can check that out for you.

Just in case below is an article describing these 'Advanced VPN settings" in detail;

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/Loginr.aspx?login=1&pid=2&app=search&vw=1&articleid=568

Please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is any further assistance I may help you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.
Views
Helpful
Replies