Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco RV042G Web Configuration Page has Public IP Address (How was that configured)

I am investigating a Cisco Router RV042G that I need to hard reset and reconfigure. However I find it interesting that the old configuration has the web configuration page open to a valid public IP rather than the default 192.168.1.1. How was this possible? There is no port forwarding configuration on ISP modem/router, so I assume it must be with the way it was configured. Unfortunately I cannot check it since the password was lost. That is the reason for the hard reset. If anyone knows how the web config page was mapped to a valid IP, but only opens internally on computers behind the firewall but not outside the firewall. Need to know so I can recreate this config if possible on the router using a different IP.

1 REPLY
VIP Purple

Hello,

Hello,

do you mean you can use the public IP address when you are connected to the LAN, or do you mean you can configure the RV042 from the Internet ? The latter would be odd indeed...

Views
Helpful
Replies