Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV082 and WAN2

Ulflaursen
Level 1
Level 1

Hallo

I was wondering if it would be possible to connect a 4G/LTE router to my WAN2 port of my RV082 and use it as failover.

I was thinking of the Huawei B593 router.

Thanks in advance.

Ulf

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

Absolutely!  Just be sure that you enable dmz on the Huawei so the rv082 will not have any issues with ports being blocked or anything like that.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

Absolutely!  Just be sure that you enable dmz on the Huawei so the rv082 will not have any issues with ports being blocked or anything like that.

Thanks Samir - will try it out

Hi Samir

I have tried it out,b ut having trouble to get it to work.

I am not 100% sure what you mean reg. the DMZ. Which host should I set in the B593?

And how should I configure the WAN2 connection inside the RV082?

I have tried both auto and manually IP settings, none work. If I try to "renew" I get nothing, and the manually setting I am not 100% sure of - it seems that I only have one IP adress (the one of the B593 itself) that I can put in, so I tried that one as both IP and gateway inside the WAN2 configuration, but it does not work?

As the IP adress of the RV082 is 192.168.1.1, I have obviously changed the IP of the B593 to x.x.x.111 to avoid IP an conflict.

Any addirional help on this would be highly apreciated

Thanks

Ulf

Strange that this setup is being troublesome.

Can you connect a computer to the B593 and get an IP address?  If so, then you should be able to simply plug in the rv082 and renew the IP address for WAN2 and it should get an address.  If you cannot, then something is not configured correctly in the B593 as a computer should work no matter what.

It is important that the two routers are on two different subnets, so good thing you changed that.   You have the correct screen in the B593 for DMZ.  Once the rv082 has an IP from the B593, mark the dmz box and put in the IP address.  This way, the B593 will direct all inbound traffic to that IP, which is assigned to the rv082.

Thanks a lot, Samir

I actually got it to work on the same subnet. I had first disabled the DHCP funtion on the B593, that's probably why it did not work.

So I enabled it again and made a scope of 3 adresses outside the one of the RV082, and then it worked. I just had to put in a "public" DNS adress, because the one of my "ADSL ISP" vvill apparently only allow trafic from their own connections.

Everything seems to be working now.

Thanks again for all your help - really appreciate it, Samir

Ulf

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

Glad you got it working.  

The dhcp being disabled explained the address not being given to the rv082.  I was wondering what was going on there.  Thank you for the update.