Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV110w CLI

Cisco eng
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is there a way to configure the router through CLI (command line interface)

In other Cisco devices we always were able to simply insert a configuration throught the CLI.

Now it seems it can only be done with the Webbrowser.

Regards,

Tom

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

chchapma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Tom,

No.  The RV110W can only be configured via a web browser.  There is no command line interface support for this router.

Chris

View solution in original post

The RV220W and RV120W has the feature on the WAN. I can only guess in a possible future firmware update that this maybe an option for you.

Regards Simon
http://www.linksysinfo.org

Regards Simon

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

chchapma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Tom,

No.  The RV110W can only be configured via a web browser.  There is no command line interface support for this router.

Chris

chchapma,

Thanks for your reply. In our company we do alot with fiber connections. Do you know how I can set the WAN port setting to 100MB Full-Duplex? (auto-negotiate needs to be off)

This is needed for the fiber connection, but it seems that I can only change port settings for the LAN ports.

Tom

The RV220W and RV120W has the feature on the WAN. I can only guess in a possible future firmware update that this maybe an option for you.

Regards Simon
http://www.linksysinfo.org

Regards Simon

Thank you both

cheesecake490
Level 1
Level 1

Networking > LAN > Port Management.

Sorry, this isn't for the WAN port...

Yes i know, it's strange they have it on LAN but not on WAN.

On the WAN port is where I need it to be. But thank you anyway ;-)

I too would like to set the WAN side, I want 10M Full because our gateway device wants that setting.  I put a laptop on the gateway device, setting the laptop to auto negotiate I get way worse throughput than when I set the laptop to force a 10M Full Duplex connection. 

So, I am posting hoping to help inspire CISCO to add the setting to the firewall software...

And an idea... I'm hoping that if I can find an ancient 10Meg only switch and put that in between the RV110W and my gateway device it may fix the problem.  ( I am getting 3MB down and 4MB up on the inside on a symmetrical 4MB limited connection whereas the laptop directly in gets darn near to 4MB up and down ).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: