Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco RV110W WAN to LAN open ports to all device/intenal subnet

I have a Cisco RV110w.  I need to open up several ports to all devices intenallly. Can it be don in this device.  ex 5060, 2088

2 REPLIES

The device can work in router

The device can work in router mode,  This requires public addresses on your devices, and the ISP to route the network behind the rv110 to the wan IP.

But if you think about it.... all connections are defined by ip address and port number. If there is one IP address on the WAN, so port 5060 for example, can be forwarded to ONLY  one IP on the lan side.

wanIP:5060-->lanIP:5060

You can forward another port or set of ports to another device, I believe the rv110 will do port translation.  single port forwarding will do this I think.

wanIP:5061 --2ndLanIP:5060

Disadvantage is you have to manually set up different ports for each device, and the application server has to be able to use those ports, and may need special config, or may not be supported.

for voip, since outbound traffic is allowed by default, you can enable sip-alg on the router, and possibly nat transversal and nat keepalives on the phones to allow the outbound session to stay up.  This will allow the inbound connection to use the same ports as outbound, and not get blocked by the firewall.

This will allow the firewall to handle the inside to outside port translation (this is sometimes called PAT or nat overload).

What type phones are you using? and what application uses 2088?? blf?

Dan

Also, you’ll want to be sure

Also, you’ll want to be sure to secure your VPN authentication beyond just a password using a shared secret between your VPN client and the server. There is a 3rd party integration that will do that.

Views
Helpful
Replies