Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV120W installed behind another router & Quick VPN

premtank01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have just installed a Cisco RV120W behind a third party firewall. All works correctly now, but we are struggling to get the Quick VPN clients connected. I have enabled port forwarding for PPTP & L2TP over IPSEC on the third party router, but still cannot connect (the RV120W was previously used as a primary router & worked perfectly). What ports do I need to open on the third party router to get this to work correctly?

Any urgent help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Thierry CLAUSS
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

you need to forward ports to rv120:

4500 udp, 500 udp, 443 tcp, 60443 tcp.

cordially

Hi,

Thanks for your help, but that hasn't worked. Still unable to reach the RV120W!

Any other settings I'm missing?

Hi,

Qvpn doesn't support NAT-T - this is what you need when trying to connect via IPSec behind another router. If you need a vpn capable behind the another router - try using PPTP connection. you'll need to forward 1723 to RV120W router.

Jasbryan

Hello,

Even though Cisco can't support this configuration you might want to look at ESP inspect rules on the edge router. When doing a normal NAT-T you need to setup the ASA or Pix to due a fixup or inspect for those ESP packets.

Just a guess

Hope that helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: