cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV180 with multiple public statics and "port forwarding"

urbanmullet
Level 1
Level 1

After research, it seems like one to one nat is the way to go (and works) for getting multiple public IPs to work on my router. However, this opens all ports for access. I was looking into DNAT access rules (since you can allow certain ports), but can't seem to get them to work properly. Can someone please let me know an approved way of setting up an access rule to allow something like port 5900 and nothing else to come in through a secondary public IP address and be mapped to a specific internal IP address? Thanks in advance!

1 Reply 1

chrebert
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

When you go under access rules you can setup a DNAT address for the inside host.  You can also specify an alternate WAN IP address.  With that setup you don't have to open every port by using the one-to-one NAT options.  

This is the best way to setup port forwarding on the RV180W.  

Screenshot of alternate WAN IP option for a new access rule for port forwarding:

The only thing to keep in mind is any alternate IPs will need to be routed to your WAN by your ISP, so when you first set it up it may not work until you reboot the modem and router so that everyone ARPs the new WAN address.  It is also usually required that your alternate WAN IPs by in the same subnet as your WAN interface IP.

Let me know if that helps,

Christopher Ebert

---

Network Support Engineer - Cisco Small Business Support

*please mark/rate helpful posts*

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: