cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV320 fail over between WAN & USB Issue

Pavan Katti
Level 1
Level 1

As per our testing of Internet Connection via Tata USB Dongle Cisco Router RV320, it was tested successfully. But in case of Auto failover between WAN link (BSNL VPNoBB) & USB link (Tata USB Dongle Xpress VPN) was not successfully completed, it was observed as per router compatiblity Auto failover is possible between WAN to WAN and USB to USB, but in case of WAN to USB we were facing some load balance issue (some packet goes via WAN & some via USB) i.e both link active by this we will facing reverse routing issue from our HO end.

Just wanted to know that Autofailover i.e Active-Passive between WAN & USB is possible on the Cisco RV320, Need Help.

6 Replies 6

Ismael Arroyo
Level 1
Level 1

Katti,

Autofailover, does work between WAN and USB. Couple things to keep in mind is that WAN would be primary. When this WAN fails then traffic is passed over to the  USB link interface.The keyword is that one interface has to fail first. At any point that the WAN restores connectivity then traffic from USB link is reverted back to WAN.

Thanks Ismael Arroyo  for your kind reply.

So it works, Is there any configuration template available on cisco site for our reference, I have done research on same but didn't find any config template.

Katti,

We have an administration guide that can help with USB dongle to be set to auto fail and Recovery.Page 29 has all the steps for this setup. They will be asking for pin number. The below link will give you guidance on how to acquire and have it to work.

INSTRUCTIONS ON PIN:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4153632#4153632

ADMIN GUIDE:

www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/csbr/rv320/administration/guide/en/rv32x_ag_en.pdf

Thanks Ismael

Tomorrow I going to try this and let u know on this. And I also thing we have to do tracking of WAN interface as shown in the below image by tracking remote IP for smooth auto failover.

RV320.jpg

Success!

There was problem in the USB setting APN,

Also following Points tested:

1) I kept USB in the Hot standy

2) in the Dual WAN setting, I selected Load Balance (Auto Mode) and in WAN1 interface setting checked ISP Host and added it's IP.

Regards

Pavan Katti

Hello Guys,

I have documented. If you like my post please rate it & vote

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: