cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV320: Rate Control on one subnet degrades bandwidth on a different subnet

jacob_gur
Level 1
Level 1

My business has two subnets using VLAN's, a default one (192.68.0.x) and a guest one (192.68.2.x). I added rate control on the guest subnet, as shown in attached screenshot (rules currently disabled). When those rules are enabled, the default subnet bandwidth is severely degraded. As soon as I disable the rate control rules, the bandwidth returns to normal. I repeated this test over and over with same results.

Is there a known performance issue or some other bug with rate control?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Maxime Breton
Level 1
Level 1

I'm experiencing the same problem, have you found any solution since your post ?

Regards.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Maxime Breton
Level 1
Level 1

I'm experiencing the same problem, have you found any solution since your post ?

Regards.

No solution with the router, but I ended up adding throttling on my WiFi access points for the guest SSID. If you have the time, you might want to file this with Cisco Support as a bug. Someone told me once that they don't create bug tickets from these forums.

I accidentally marked your reply as the correct answer, and can't undo it.

Can't undo neither, i'm going to see that with cisco support, i'll keep you informed

OK, the thing with this solution is that you're also limitting local bandwidth.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: