Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SRP 540 series

g.manea_ro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The products from SRP 540 series line (541w etc) will ever support IPv6 features or remote VPN (eg SSL VPN or Cisco QuickVPN)? If yes, is there a time horizon?

Thank you,

Gabriel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Gabriel,

Yes, jumbo frames are supported on both WAN and LAN GE interfaces.  You can choose from 1522, 2048, 10240 byte options.

The product was first available on October 2010.

Regards,

Andy

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gariel,

We plan to release IPv6 support for both the SRP540 and SRP520-U models early this summer.  Unfortunately, we cannot support IPv6 for the original SRP520 models.

We have tentative plans for SSL VPN (Cisco AnyConnect), but no firm plans at this time.  There are no plans to support QuickVPN - the CiscoVPN client provides equivalent functionality here.

For Cisco VPN support, please take a look at the maintenance release we posted yesterday.

Regards,

Andy

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to read the release note for the yesterday update but I can't access it with my guest level. I didn't bought yet an 541w but I am gathering info about it. I tried to update my account using the serial number of an router I bought in the past (Cisco 1801) but it seems that I need some kind of id from the supplier. So if you can forward it to me it will be greatly appreciated.

Anyway, I need a smb router with dual wan, gigabit ports and 3G modem backup connectivity and 541w fits the bill.

I read all available info from cisco about it, and the info asked in the first post were non answered. Well, maybe is one more. From the other threads I found out that it has a 1.2 Ghz processor and 256Mb RAM and 64Mb flash. But I couldn't find out what type of processor uses and if the router is passive or active cooled. If it is active, then, do you know if it's noisy? Thank you for your support.

Hi,

Release notes (and firmware for that matter) are publically available.

Take a look here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10500/prod_release_notes_list.html

or more generally

http://www.cisco.com/go/srp500

The SRP540 is actively cooled.  The fan is pretty quiet - but you'd still hear it in a quiet room.  It should be fine for an office or equipment cabinet.

Regards,

Andy

Some last questions:

I saw that 541w supports 802.3ad Gigabit Ethernet. Does it support also jumbo frames?

And, in which year was first released? 2010?

Thank you

Hi Gabriel,

Yes, jumbo frames are supported on both WAN and LAN GE interfaces.  You can choose from 1522, 2048, 10240 byte options.

The product was first available on October 2010.

Regards,

Andy

Thank you.