Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SRP527w IPV6

kindalessio
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Tomorrow 2012-06-06 is ipv6 launch day, what about ipv6 on srp500 series ?

On product specification cisco wrote :

IPv6 (RFC 6204) ready

thanks

Alessio

11 Replies 11

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

We plan to release firmware supporting IPv6 for the SRP520W-U and SRP540W later this summer.

There will be no support for IPv6 for earlier SRP520W models.

Regards,

Andy

Hello,

I notice that there is a new 1.25 firmware release out now for the SRP527W-U but no mention of IPv6 in the release notes. I assume this means still no IPv6 yet, is it still planned for a future update?

Thanks,

Louis

Any update on when IPv6 will be available for SRP520 & SRP540 family of routers? I'm particularly interested for the SRP547W.

Gavin

paolo liberati
Level 1
Level 1

waiting for ipv6 support as well.

Paolo

gavincameron
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone else get the feeling that we'll never see IPv6 for the SRP520 & SRP540 routers despite what Andrew said above?

Andrew, please update us on the status of IPv6.

Gavin

All,

Unfortunately, we have had to cancel the plans we had to introduce some IPv6 functionality for the SRP500 products.

Regards,

Andy

Thanks for the update Andrew but this is extremely dissapointing news giving what we've been told over the past year or so.

What can we, your customers, do to get this decision reversed?

Will Cisco offer us discounts to upgrade to devices that will support IPv6?

Thanks

Gavin

Update: you can see my update on this saga to the Australian broadband consumer market here: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2086396

I did a reply and Cisco have creatively edited this support section. 

I have come here in search of IPv6 which Cisco asserted the platform was IPv6 ready meaning it WOULD support IPv6 when rolled out and I find out once more Cisco have over promised and under delivered a fact I know all to well as detailed in the attached PDF. 

Also I have included the PDF I relied upon when making my purchase decision, I note the new PDF from the Cisco website has been creatively altered to fit the none provision of IPv6 for the SRP547W, well for those of us who purchased on reliance of the information provided by Cisco in literature should expect IPv6 or for Cisco to buy back the SRP5XX series due to their miss information. 

**footnote, should this comment be removed or edited by a Cisco employee, I  will issue a press release, as the other entry was screen shot as will this be**

Elliot, with all due respect to your frustration, this community is for technical support, not for editorial or press releases. If you have discrepancies with your purchase I advise you to talk to your reseller or as you've pointed out, your contact at Cisco. I apologize for your post being initially removed, but as mentioned, please keep your discussions to technical support. I will in turn forward your comments to Cisco Marketing for further follow-up

Sincerely,

Glenn

SMB Community Manager

With all due respect Glenn, the post that was deleted was made clear the Cisco member of staff was advised it would be introduced, as you can see in SRP500_Datasheet it says IPv6 "Ready" clearly was not Ready in any shape manner or form I and other users appears to be becoming aware all to often of Cisco over promising and under delivering. 

And with all due respect this is a community where we discuss our problems, well not deriving on promises and advertising features something doesn't do or doesn't come as promised we can discuss it. IPv6 was stated as ready and no users have received IPv6 and I think it needs discussion and addressing with Cisco for those of us that bought the SRP547W on the understanding it was "Ready".

Thank You for taking the time to reply and pass on my concerns on yet another Cisco failing. 

Elliot. 

paolo liberati
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks  Andrew but I am disappointed as well. We have bought already 60 CPEs and  we were waiting for the ipv6 firmware. I have in my mind the same  questions as Gavin wrote.

thanks in advance for your reply.

paolo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: