Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Wireless Setup for Small Business with 50 Users

PRASAD BAIT
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I would like your feedback on what product to invest in.

I am currently managing the network infrastructure for a small traveling company. The amount of people accessing the Internet during business hrs are between 30-40 active users, at peak times maybe as far as 50 users, probably more like maximum 70 users.These users are using the wireless for payments and conference over Internet

So my plan is to have a good stable Cisco Router at the base, and the other Cisco Wireless Router which will act as repeater or Access Point  to get the wireless to cover the whole area. Can you please suggest what wireless routers can be used so that Router will work as Repeater as well.

Or 

Is it good to Use 2-3 Access Points with Wireless controller at base. Please let me know what Access Points and Wireless Controller will be good for our setup.

Please suggest which method is best for Wireless to work for 50 users effectively without any issues.

Lots of gratitude for having this support forum!

Thanks,

Prasad

3 Replies 3

ageralde
Level 1
Level 1

Hi baitprasad,

For a small business wireless network set up, considering the number of users you've mentioned, you may check the ISR 891 (http://cs.co/9000ciOw). This will be able to handle all the users that you are looking at. Do you also know the actual coverage of the area? For the wireless controller that is advisable if you are looking at centralized management for all deployed access points. Feel free to message me directly for further assistance. Hope this helps!:)

Thanks,

Angela (ageralde@cisco.com)

Hi Angela,

Thanks for the response.

Will one ISR 891 router will be able to cover entire area considering the interference from Walls. If not can we connect another ISR 891 router as repeater so that both routers can cover the entire area. Also can we setup two WAN links on the router as redundancy.

Thanks,

Prasad

Hi baitprasad,

What is the coverage of the whole area? Actually, you can consider getting an Aironet 1600 access point to extend the wireless signal of the ISR 891w. You can also purchase an 802.11n antenna for the access point to target specific areas. Have you talked with any of our local Cisco representative for further discussion on this? 

Thanks,

Angela