cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CLOSING PORTS ON RV042

joshua.cagney
Level 1
Level 1

I have an RV042 that we actually do not utilize for any VPN function, but I like the simplicity of the router and the ability to manage some of the aspects of this at a reasonable price.  We use it as a gateway router on a cable circuit where we have three functions that I need to be able to keep:

1.  Digium VoIP Box - we need to retain UDP/TCP/HTTPS access

2.  FTP running off of a Cisco NAS device - ports 21 and 443 need to be kept open for the GUI and for up/download

3.  We have a timekeeping software program running on a server that requires only 443 access

My problem is this: I'm really not terribly familiar with the access controls on this router.  I know that the system is a little dated, but aside from that it's not complicated so I'm not sure what I'm missing, because I cannot seem to be able to close 80 to the outside.  Access Rules are currently set as:

Can anyone see what I'm missing here?

1 Reply 1

Andrew Lien
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Joshua,

Was there supposed to be a picture in your post? If so, I can't see what your Access Rules are currently set as.

I found three articles on the knowledge base that may help you with your question and help familiarize yourself with the access controls on the RV042.

Configuration of an IPv4 Access Rule on RV016, RV042, RV042G, and RV082 VPN Routers

Configuration of an IPv6 Access Rule on RV016, RV042, RV042G and RV082 VPN Routers

Configuration of Access Rule through Wizard on RV016, RV082, RV042 and RV042G VPN Routers

Regards,
Andrew

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: