Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure more than 2 external ip from isp to vlans

How do I assign static wan ip to a vlan that is linked to lan port. for example.

I need to put in an ip, subnet and gateway and dns. into the vlan external ip. is that possible?

I have 13 static ip addresses. I would like to create multiple vlans and have them all have there own external ip from my isp..

9 Replies 9

amitbhatcisco
Level 1
Level 1
why you do assign static wan ip to a vlan in switch .anyway you do like this #Interface vlan 1 #ip address xx.xx.xx.xx xx.xx.xx.xx #Interface vlan 2 #ip address xx.xx.xx.xx xx.xx.xx.xx

I need to do this because I already have them in use and would like to condense down old equipment to this new cisco router. Otherwise I wouldnt need to do it.

The option you gave me, I do this is SSH? through a console? currently I'm just familiar with the gui. 

Yes you can do this through console or gui , create vlan's as per your requirements . then give IP to particular vlan as per your ip address or public ip .check this link for SVI http://ccna19.blogspot.in/2013/09/ccna-switched-virtual-interface-svi-lab.html

ok, I guess I should of specified what I'm working with. its a RV325 Gigabit Dual Wan VPN Router.

so I need to know how to assign static wan ips to multiple vlans. I only have 2 wan ports and want to use 5 wans. for 5 separate vlans. with external wan ips.

Hi,

You could assign multiple VLAn's against a single port by building subinterface in it. For example:

Router#config t

Router(config)#int gi0/1.100 (where 100 is your vlan)

Router(config-subif)#encapsulation dot1Q 100

Router(config-subif)#ip address ip address subnet mask

Router(config-subif)#exit

Router(config)#int gi0/1.200 (where 200 is second vlan)

Router(config-subif)#encapsulation dot1Q 200

Router(config-subif)#ip address ip address subnet mask

Router(config-subif)#exit

Router(config)#int gi0/1

Router(config-if)#no shut

This way you could create multiple vlan in a single interface. As I am not well versed in GUI, I can't help you out through that. :)

Regards

Chinmoy

yes!!!!This is best way to create Vlan on router and it has DOT1q tagging info.

regards

Shirin

which ip is which? xx.xx.xx.xx xx.xx.xx.xx is the first one the vlan ip? and the second one the external wan ip?

The RV325 has a GUI interface so the answer does not make sense. I need to separate the WAN addresses into different VLANS to satisfy PCI compliance. All credit terminals are on one WAN address and everything else is on the other WAN address. 

rafael_ormedo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The best choice is to assign multiple IP addresses in the physical interface as cisco document:

- Assigning Multiple IP Addresses to Network Interfaces

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/12_2/ip/configuration/guide/fipr_c/1cfipadr.html

Tranks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: