Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Configuring An RV220w with a Bridged Modem

Hi,

Just as the title suggests, I'm having trouble getting my RV220W router to work with a DSL modem.  I pre-configured the device and shipped it to one of our store locations.  I came to find out that the site had an "Advanced" modem (according to the carrier) and I had to have them "bridge" the modem.  Prior to having the modem "bridged" I was able to have the user plug the RV220W into the modem, and the computer that was hard-wired to the router was pulling the correct set of IP addresses, however, my VPN tunnel was not working because the WAN address that the RV220W was receiving was 192.168.2.12 instead of the staticly assigned IP address from the ISP  After bridging the modem, the user is able to access the RV220W but he does not have internet connectivity.  According to the carrier, this is because we need to enter their PPOE username and password into the RV220W.  My only problem is that my on-site person is not very technical, and although I have access to one of our other sites with a working RV220W I'm not able to find where I enter this PPPOE information into the device.  Can someone please help me get this thing setup so that the customer is able to get connected to the internet, and that my RV220W is pulling the correct staticly assigned IP address from the ISP?

Thank you!!!

5 REPLIES
Silver

Kory,

Please contact Cisco Small Business Support center for assistance on connecting RV220W to your modem.

(All Support Numbers) Open a support case with next available engineer.

Jasbryan

Hi JasBryan,

When I called support before, they told me they would e-mail me some documentation for doing this.  Could you tell me if this is available, or if you could potentially provide it?

Thank you!

Silver

Kory,

They should had assisted instead of sending you a document. Did they give you a case number? (post case number)

Are you currently in the US or Canada? If so what was the engineers name ? i can pull your information from your case if you have one. If you don't please contact us back and have next available engineer assists and post your case number so i can track...

Thanks,

Jasbryan

I did not receive a case number.  However, I am currently located in the US, although the equipment that I need help configuring is located in Toronto, ON.  Could I arrange a time with you, or someone else to help me take care of this?

Thank you!

Gold

Kory,

Go to Networking-> WAN-> PPPoE Profiles. Enter the information from the ISP and save. Then go to IPv4 WAN Configuration and change the ISP Connection Type: to PPPoE. Select the name of the PPPoE Profile that you created and save. While you're on that page, change the MTU to Manual and give it a value of 1492.

Views
Helpful
Replies