Helpful
Replies

Configuring RV320 for remote access

Dawit
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a proplem configuring RV320 with the odd IT setup of my ISP,

One of my clients wants to be able to give access to his internally hosted database to his partners and bought a public ip from his ISP, Previously his broadband configuration is as follows:

WAN IP = 10.x.x.2

Gateway IP = 10.x.x.1

SM = 255.255.255.252

So the WAN IP was configutred on the RV320 router and all was ok,

Now in addition to the WAN IP he is given a public ip 197.156.x.x/22

My question is how can i configure such setup on RV320 since it does not allow more than one IP address per interface ? Previously i have done the same kind of configuration using TMG server(Please see attached images to see how), So is the RV320 capable of such configuration ? or is there any other work around ?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

aunrein
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Dawit,

The RV320 supports dual WAN so is it possible that each WAN be given one of the public IP addresses?

Alex

HI Alex,

No that is not possible, to clarify the setup more, the WAN IP and the Public IP have both to be setup on the same interface and the Broadband modem that the Router is connected to only have one RJ45 port. The WAN IP enables the connection with the service providers network and what i have to do is configure the Public IP as a secondary.

durreavi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Gershon:

Please refer this article that explain whor to give remote access to the RV320. Basic Firewall Configuration on RV320 Routers and for the dual WAN Configuration refers Dual WAN Configuration on RV320 and RV325 VPN Router Series

I hope this information helps you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: