Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Confusion around PoE module for 800 series

There seems to be a lot of confusion around the PoE module for the Cisco 800 series routers

I'd like to know if the Cisco 887VA and 897VAW routers can have the internal PoE module fitted as an after sale item?

I see reference to 800-IL-PM-4= but searching for that amongst suppliers seems to show an external Power injector that connects to 4 Ethernet ports on the router and then from there you connect the external devices.

What I want to get is the internal daughtercard that adds PoE to the router itself.

Can anyone help me identify the right part please?

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Gold

You can get the PoE daughter

You can get the PoE daughter card pre-fitted before the appliance leaves the factory or you can do it yourself as an after-sales item.  

800-IL-PM-4 is the daughter card.  Read the Q & A below: 

Q. Can the PoE be upgraded after ordering?
A. Yes, you can upgrade the PoE on all models except the C892FSP-K9, which does not support PoE at all. For all Cisco 890 Routers, the product ID (PID) for the PoE upgrade is 800-IL-PM-4=. This PID comes with two power supply options: 80 or 125 watts. The older CISCO890 requires the 80-watt option, whereas the newer C890 requires the 125-watt option.
Q. Why do some routers use 80 watts and others 125 watts for PoE?
A. The 80-watt power supply is used in addition to the standard 60-watt power supply, so you will have two power supplies connected to the router. For the newer routers we combined these two power supplies into the one 125-watt power supply (hence we have a 4-pin connector). Both models support the base router as well as 4 ports with standard PoE.
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content