cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connect 2 offices with private point to point. What routers?

paynster
Level 1
Level 1

Main office has internet access through a T1. They have a small office and a private point-to-point connection. They want to route the small office through the main office and out to the internet via the T1. Can someone give some advise on this? Looking for reasonable routers for both locations and some insite on setup.

6 Replies 6

Did you get help from our Cisco Pre-sales team?

Thanks,

Marcos

No. After looking around I am considering using a RVL200 and 2 RV042 routers. The RVL200 as the firewall/main router and a RV042 for each office.

Can you please email me your contact information? marchern@cisco.com

Thanks,

Marcos

Paynster,

Don't forget to send me your contact info. I have found someone in presales that can help you.

Thanks,

Marcos

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Start here.   This is one of the best comparisons we have shared publically...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9923/prod_models_comparison.html

Seelct the routers you would like to use, and create a basic network diagram with expectations and feel free to ask questions.

paynster
Level 1
Level 1

I think I'm all set. I am going to use 1 RVL200 connected to the provider, then 1 RV042 at each office with the outside interface configured on the LAN of the RVL200, then configure the RVL200 and the 2 RV042 with the subnets, static routes, etc. I think this will be a simple solution and these devices are reasonably priced. The documentation of the RVL200 has a good example solution and config that shows this implementation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: