cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connect RV042 to WinSRV2008r2

gassanpavel
Level 1
Level 1

I have a local network, and it RV042 router, and i have a remote cloud server on windows server 2008r2 on which the RRAS service is up, how can I connect my RV042 to a remote server via VPN?

6 Replies 6

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Pavel, is your server acting as a VPN server or do you intend to use as a VPN client?

Depending on the capability of the server, you can make IPsec site to site tunnel to the server or the router that server may connect to.  Otherwise you may set up PPTP VPN from the server as a client to connect to the RV042 router. To my knowledge (I could be mistaken), the RV042 cannot service as a VPN client - only a server.

If you need a step by step to set up an IPsec VPN site to site tunnel, I can help post detail for this or if you want the server to connect to RV042 through PPTP VPN, can also post this information for you. But you need to know what is your capabilities.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

To me is the following problem:

The office has several network MFP to scan over the network, I want to scan the document saved in a folder on a cloud server. Model MFP Xerox Phaser 3635, Xerox WorkCentre 3210.

Just want to connect the MFP to print over the network directly, without using the redirected printing via RDP.

Accordingly, as you can combine my local network and remote server so that with the server were available network devices on the LAN, and the LAN access to the server?

Pavel,

It sounds like you are looking to create a site to site VPN. Can you verify if the server is capable of IPSec connections? You may be able to connect the RV042 directly to the server by configuring a Gateway to Gateway VPN tunnel.

- Marty

how to test capable of IPSec connection in windows server 2008r2 standart, and how to configure it to create Gateway to Gateway VPN tunnel and connect my RV042 to win server?

if you can give a step by step guide - I will be eternally grateful

Pavel,

I'm sorry I do not have any information about configuring IPSec on the Windows server. I would recommend that you configure the RV042 using the VPN wizard and then look for help configuring the server. It will be easier to to configure the server to match the RV042 settings than vise-versa.

- Marty

Many thanks for the tip, I did not even know why it was necessary to begin.