cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting a iPad to an RV110W Router using PPTP VPN

autumn_dipert
Level 1
Level 1

We bought this router to replace a Netopia router that was acting up.  We truly are a small business so there is no dedicated IT person on our staff and every question I ask the guys that help us on occasion costs upwards of $500 so I'm going to ask you all first.  

I had no problem connecting to my iPhone or iPad via VPN on the Netopia router but am unable using the same settings, to connect to the Cisco router.  Do any of you have any idea why?  Is there a secret?

I set up the VPN client on the Cisco RV110W router (user, password and set the protocol to PPTP).  I then set up the VPN Client on my iPad with the WAN IP address as the "server," the user name I put on the Cisco router as the "account," left RSA SecurID blank, put in the password I put in the Cisco router, set the Encryption Level to None (I tried Auto and it didn't work either) and set "Send All Traffic" to on.  Those were the settings for connecting to the Netopia router.  

I know that VPN works because I can VPN to the Cisco router from my Windows 7 laptop but I can't get my iPad to work.  Any suggestions?

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: