Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting router kills my internet connection/Password reset

ynurizade
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am new to the community so please bear with me.

I am working with a Cisco Small Business WRVS4400N trying to set up a wireless connection without access to internet. The purpose is to connect my phone and computer without the internet. As I am a novice, however, I have run into two problems I was hoping to get some help with.

The first problem I am having is that when my computer is connected to WiFi and I connect the router via ethernet, I lose the internet connection. The computer's network settings say that it is connected to both; my WiFi connection and a Local Area Connection with no internet access. Despite the WiFi showing as connected, however, I am unable to use the internet and all the pages I try to navigate to say the connection has timed out. Since I am new to this, I followed the steps prescribed in the first response here (http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1703316/set-link-router-internet-connection.html#.).

The second problem I am having is that when I type in the device IP into a browser and get the username and password prompt, the parameters I am entering do not match up. Is it possible to reset or retreive the username and password? Especially if they were changed during previous use?

Hoping to hear back, all advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Yusif Nurizade

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: