cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connections to Windows PPTP VPN Server through RV082 drop after a few minutes

roger.barrett
Level 1
Level 1

We have recently installed an RV082 to allow us to use both our ADSL connections. VPN connections to our windows server, behind the RV082, now drop after a few minutes and then cant be reconnected until the VPN session on the server times out. This worked fine before the RV082 was in place - does anyone know what I can change on the RV082 to fix this?

Port 1723 is forwarded to the server

The routers PPTP is not enabled

Ive tried reducing the MTU from 1500 down as low as 1350 but this hasnt helped.

Thanks

Roger.

16 Replies 16

Hi

as well as the application forwarding for pptp to our vpn server, I had enabled PPTP and GRE access in on both wan connections (as this was recommneded in the forum). It could have just been a coincidence but when I deleted all forwarding and access rules and then rebooted and only renabled the pptp application forwarding it started behaving normally.

Roger

I have had the same issue when load balancing on the RV082.  If my client works continuously on on the application she is connected to, all is well.  But if she walks away for a few minutes, she gets disconnected by the host.  The VPN connection is solid if I switch to smart backup.  I'll give your solution a shot and let the community know whether it works for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: