cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMZ feature of the Cisco Small Business RV220W not working as intended?

RamGuy239
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I have been trying to configure a local DMZ on our network with the Cisco Small Business RV220W router, running the latest 1.0.3.5 firmware but it doesn't seem to be fully functional? Does the DMZ feature actually do anything at the current state of this router? Because when I tried to DMZ host a computer on our local network I still had to manually port forward different applications in order for people to reach it from WAN.

For instance when trying to host a game session, utilizing TCP port 7777 it didn't matter whether I had enabled DMZ or not, I was still required to manually port forward the port to the DMZ IP-address.

Doesn't this defeat and eliminate the whole purpose of the DMZ feature in the first place?

4 Replies 4

Joergen Thomsen
Level 1
Level 1

As far as I can see the DMZ feature is bogus. Where other routers will forward everything else than explicitly defined to the DMZ IP this is not the case here. I don't know why CISCO has included this option in this router even with a LED light on the front.

Another RV220W issue.

Before purchasing this unit, CISCO to me was in the Rolls Royce league of routers. After the purchase CISCO is to me now only an average router supplier. I sincerely doubt that this will increase CISCO turnover, on the contrary I should think.

However, CISCO management probably never reads these forums, so when Chapter 11 hits them, they will never know the reason why.

I've been trying to expose a host on my local network via this feature (as a bastion and network sensor) and haven't any luck with the DMZ feature either. I've only been able to get traffic to that host via specific access rules on the firewall.

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

This issue is currently under development, but I have no timeline completion. I will update you as I get more information on this issue.

Thanks

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Support Engineer

SBSC Wireless and Surveillance SME

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

Hi Eric,

Has this been resolved or the RV220W  not able to use the DMZ correctly ?

Cheers

Rove