Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Does the RV180 support DHCPv6-PD with firmware 1.0.3.10?

Hello-

I am running a SOHO on Comcast and wish to get IPv6 working.  I have read some old posts around the 'net stating that the Cisco RV180 does not support DHCPv6-PD, and that this is needed to successfully use IPv6 with Comcast.  Firmware 1.0.3.10 was released in late July 2013.  I don't see anything in the release notes stating that DHCPv6-PD support was added, so I suspect it was not.  Can anyone confirm that it still does not?  Does anyone know if it will be added in the near future (say 6 months?)

Thanks!

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY

I can confirm that it does

I can confirm that it does not.  Been working with Tuska (from Comcast) on this for over a year and no word from Cisco on whether they plan to build the functionality into the next firmware build or not.  Tuska has formally requested Cisco make this update.  Very disappointed in the black hole that Cisco has allowed this to fall into.  This is supposed to be a business product (why I purchased it), I expected more.

Just ordered a new router to replace my RV180 since I see no hope of Cisco getting it together.  I think Cisco is more interested in supporting their large corporate accounts and have abandoned supporting SOHO (as evident with the sale of Linksys to Belkin).  

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content