cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Gateway to Gateway VPN issue

danny dang
Level 1
Level 1

I am setting up a gateway to gateway VPN between the main office and the remote office.

The main office has WatchGuard device and the remote office has the Cisco RV325 VPN router.

I am able to create the VPN tunnel and it is connected.

I can access the main office from the remote office with no issues.

However, I cannot access the remote office from the main office. I tried to ping both the remote gateway or remote computer, it failed.

I contacted WatchGuard support and they confirmed the ping request is passing through the WatchGuard but no response returns back. Basically the WatchGuard side is working properly.

What am I missing here on the Cisco RV325?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jorge Obregon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Danny, 

I hope you are doing well, regarding your question, if you are able to stablish the VPN successfully but you can only ping one side I would advise you to check if there is any firewall or antivirus on the REMOTE OFFICE LAN.  You can test by disabling any firewall or antivirus where you are trying to ping. 

on the router RV325 configuration there is no so much settings to block this ping but only the "block wan request" (found under firewall settings), but this is just for the WAN interface

Thank you for contact cisco small business support center

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jorge Obregon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Danny, 

I hope you are doing well, regarding your question, if you are able to stablish the VPN successfully but you can only ping one side I would advise you to check if there is any firewall or antivirus on the REMOTE OFFICE LAN.  You can test by disabling any firewall or antivirus where you are trying to ping. 

on the router RV325 configuration there is no so much settings to block this ping but only the "block wan request" (found under firewall settings), but this is just for the WAN interface

Thank you for contact cisco small business support center

Regards,

danny dang
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Jorge. The firewall on the ATT modem was blocking traffic.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: