cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest Wireless Issues on Cisco RV220W Wireless-N Network Security Firewall

azhskr1507
Level 1
Level 1

The guest wireless on this router is setup, and security is completely disabled (so that it never prompts for a password, and it shouldn't be able to take you to a login page when you connect).  However, it doesn't work that way.  Some users can connect fine, some users it doesn't connect at all, some users it takes to a password page.  If I reboot the router everything is fine (and works like a true guest wireless network) for about a day, and then it shits the bed again.  There is nothing crazy or complicated I have done that should be causing any issues.

Any ideas or thoughts about what is going on or what I can look for?  I have looked all through the logs (including when someone is trying to connect to it) but nothing sticks out as being the cause of the problem.

Did I just get a bad router and should I return it?  It's only been in use for a month or so.

2 Replies 2

Ismael Arroyo
Level 1
Level 1

happen to do a factory reset for 30 seconds ? The client users that are not connecting, what devices are they using?

I have not done a factory reset because I don't want to lose all the other settings (which are all working fine, like the private wireless network).  The client users are all using a variety of cell phones.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: