cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help sharing printer(s) across multiple VLANs while keeping other devices hidden?

joey.khan
Level 1
Level 1
Here's the setup: 

Cisco RV325 router with a WAP371 access point behind it. 

The WAP371 is broadcasting 4 SSID's on it's 5 GHz radio 

Company 1 
Company 1 Guest 
Company 2 
Company 2 Guest 

and 1 hidden SSID on it's 2.4 GHz radio for devices that aren't capable of connecting to the 5 GHz one. 

Company 1 Legacy 

I have setup VLANs on the RV325 as 

1 Default (InterVLAN Routing: Disabled Device Management: Enabled, All Ports: Untagged) 
3 Company 1 Guest (InterVLAN Routing: Disabled Device Management: Enabled, All Ports: Untagged) 
4 Voice for future IP phones (InterVLAN Routing: Disabled Device Management: Enabled, All Ports: Untagged) 
6 Company 2 (InterVLAN Routing: Disabled Device Management: Enabled, All Ports: Untagged) 
7 Company 2 Guest (InterVLAN Routing: Disabled Device Management: Enabled, All Ports: Untagged) 

The networks are tagged on the WAP371 as 

Company 1 (VLAN ID: 1) 
Company 1 Guest (VLAN ID: 3) 
Company 2 (VLAN ID: 6) 
Company 2 Guest (VLAN ID: 7) 

Company 1 Legacy (VLAN ID: 1) 

We have a printer connected to Company 1 Legacy 

So anyone connected to Company 1 SSID can access the printer, but those connected to the others cannot. 

What exactly do I need to do to make the printer accessible from all the VLAN's but still not allow devices on Company 2 SSID to see shared devices like computers on Company 1 SSID? 

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

LJ Gabrillo
Level 5
Level 5

Play with your ACL
I dont know if SMBs support ACLs specially on the devices you listed, but just play with Access-Lists