Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

New Firmware available for RV340 Series Router family! This includes the RV340, RV340W, RV345, and RV345P

To learn more and get the latest Firmware version click here.

Community Member

How can I log-in into the Cisco-ios Mode on my CVR100W Wireless-N VPN Router?

Hi Everyone,

I am just quite confused about how to log-in into the Cisco-ios Mode on my CVR100W Wireless-N VPN Router.

I have updated the firmware to 1.0.1.19, as you can find it via ( http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284758089&softwareid=282487380&release=1.0.1.19&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest
).

As the official Administration Guide (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/csbr/cvr100w/administration/guide/CVR100W_AG_OL-26942_02.pdf
) told,  I can configure the router via my web-browser, just typed-in the address 192.168.1.1. However, it is a fixed web-based configuration UI. Many advanced functions do not allow me to access. For example, I cannot configure ipv6-ISATAP.

I am a CCNA-holder, and knows that Cisco is proud of its ios-platform.

So, can anyone help to tell that how can I configure my CVR100W Wireless-N VPN Router into an Cisco-ios Mode ?

Thank you!!!

Everyone's tags (3)
7 REPLIES
Bronze

How can I log-in into the Cisco-ios Mode on my CVR100W Wireless-

Hi Quan,

You have to login to the device using a Telnet/SSH client. Try downloading Putty (http://www.putty.org/). Then, you plug in your router's IP address and choose SSH or Telnet. Also, you can connect your router via a console cable (you may need a serial port on your PC). After you connect via console, choose Serial/COM instead of SSH/Telnet. You don't need to plugin the IP address in this case.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Vijay

Community Member

Thank you Venkitachalam Vijay Sankar !

I have tried. But actually, the Telnet/SSH mode does not work, not only with Putty as you mentioned, but with Windows built-in CMD-Telnet window either. Also, my router has not any Serial/COM ports for me to configure.

Thank you again.

Bronze

Sorry Quan,

I guess as they said below iOS mode is not supported for your CVR100W.

Thanks,

Vijay

Gold

Hi Quan,

The Cisco Small Business routers do not have CLI support. They can be managed from the web GUI only.

- Marty

Community Member

Hi mpyhala,

What a pity!!

Is there any other ways, such as Factory Mode, to use CLI to configure?

Thanks!

Gold

Hi Quan,

If there is a "Factory Mode" it is Top Secret and I have never heard of anyone finding a way to access it. I think that someone would have found some way to access it if it was possible.

- Marty

Cisco Employee

The CVR100W is not an IOS-based router, so there is no CLI available.  The smallest IOS-based router platforms available currently are the 800-series ISRs.

Cheers,

Dave.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content