Views
Helpful
Replies

How can you block URL in the WRVS4400N

Navicrush
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I know that the option is on the firewall part but every URL i put in there doesn't get block, can someone guide me a little, thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

rencn1129
Level 1
Level 1

same here mario. i tried using the url blocker feature of my newly bought wrvs4400n but it wont do the job. i suspect that maybe cisco is trying to force us to subscribe to TrendMicro's Protect link. If my old linksys wrt54gs can do the job, then why can't this supposed-to be more advanced router do it? if someone has successfully used the url blocker of this router, can you share

with us how you did it?

davbarre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mario,

Can you please share with us the following:

• Firmware version
  • Hardware version
  • Web Browser version
  • The PC that is not being blocked, what is it's default gateway, the WRVS4400N?

Can you also outline how you configured this on your device?

Thanks!

Dave

David L. Barrett, Jr.

Hi guys

rencn1129, i'm feeling the same way, since i've been looking for an answer for two days now on the web and that's the only solution i have found

davbarre

Here's the info your asking

Firmware 2.0.0.8

Hardware WRVS4400N V2 i'm not sure if this is what your asking

Web Browser IE8

The PCs that are suppose to be blocked have the WRVS4400N as a default gateway

The configuration i've tried is putting on the tab Firewall->Internet Access Policy->Website Blocking by URL Address->Forbidden Domains an i put the web site example http://www.facebook.com

I hope this help you to help me thanks

Hi All,

This is what we experienced as well with our previous unit (firmware 2.0.0.8) despite the troubleshooting done by Cisco. We requested for replacement of unit with firmware 2.0.0.7 suspecting that the previous unit was faulty. I tested it yesterday and gave me another problem's scenario. The URL blocking works well with IPS enable. But disabling IPS, URL blocking doesnt works. I'm now liasing with Cisco support engineer if these 2 settings are related.  Now, we are using other brand temporarily (free from ISP) and works well. Hopefully, Cisco will look for it and issue a new firmware as we are wasting our time troubleshooting simple security settings.