Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

how do I setup a RV325 to use ShrewSoft VPN clinet?

It looks like the RV325 manual took out reference to ShrewSoft VPN.However, the smallnetbuilder site indicates that the router works with ShrewSoft. Does anyone have a config guide for the router and the client they would share?

1 REPLY
Silver

Hello Jeff,Our admin guides

Hello Jeff,

Our admin guides don't usually cover third-party VPN clients, so it is not that we removed it, it's that we don't configure software that isn't from Cisco.  That is why EZ VPN (Cisco VPN Client) is covered but Greenbow or Shrewsoft are not.

Your best bet would probably be Shrewsoft support or maybe their forums.  They do have a guide for the older RV042s that you can probably adapt for the 325.  The key is making sure the various encryption parameters match up on both ends.

There is a generic guide available for setting up client-to-gateway on the 325.  I am not sure if Shrewsoft uses Group Client to Gateway or Single Client to Gateway (their old guides looks like it's using group) so you may want to take a look at these SBKB articles as a general guide:

Configure Single Client to Gateway Virtual Private Network (VPN) on RV320 and RV325 VPN Router Series

Configure Group Client to Gateway Virtual Private Network (VPN) on RV320 and RV325 VPN Router Series

Sorry I cannot be more specific, but I have never used Shrewsoft with our devices.

Hope that helps a bit,

Christopher Ebert - Advanced Network Support Engineer

Cisco Small Business Support Center

*please rate helpful posts*

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content