Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How to arrive Password expiration situation in Cisco Router

Hi,

i have to test something on cisco router so i have to achieve this following scenario :-

I am trying to login using ssh username & passoword. so i need to expire this username & password on router.

Anybody tell me how to get this situation in my cisco router.

Thanks,

Pranay

• Small Business Routers
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Pranay, Here is a guide on

Pranay,

Here is a guide on configuring the SSH username and password on your Cisco device:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security-vpn/secure-shell-ssh/4145-ssh.html

You will need to setup the VTY lines, as well as setup a password in order for this to work.

Judging from the screen shot, you will need to run the commands listed in Global Configuration mode. (configure terminal)

Example:

Router#config t

Router(config)# username Pranay priviledge 15 secret 0 yourpassword

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Wes

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Pranay, Here is a guide on

Pranay,

Here is a guide on configuring the SSH username and password on your Cisco device:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security-vpn/secure-shell-ssh/4145-ssh.html

You will need to setup the VTY lines, as well as setup a password in order for this to work.

Judging from the screen shot, you will need to run the commands listed in Global Configuration mode. (configure terminal)

Example:

Router#config t

Router(config)# username Pranay priviledge 15 secret 0 yourpassword

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Wes

Views
Helpful
Replies