cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to enable "Jumbo Frame" at RV320 LAN ports?

Francis Sin
Level 1
Level 1

I'm sorry about my silly question, where is the option to turn on the "Jumbo Frame" or allow to adjust MTU at the RV320 LAN ports?

I can't found that in the Web management interface, will it just take the 9Kb MTU packet and no need to set?

Looks like the MTU settings is only available at those internet ports or USB interface.

1 Reply 1

chrebert
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

You won't find any LAN side MTU settings on any of the small business routers.  The LAN ports are simply layer 2 switch ports, which means they will either forward or drop the larger packets. They have to be gigabit ports as well, Jumbo Frames do not work with anything less. Unfortunately I cannot find anything specific to this model, and I am unable to test it since I don't have any Jumbo capable NICs. 

So your best bet is really to just give it a try.  The switch ports on the router will either forward or drop the packets, and anyone going out to the internet will either lower their packet size using MTU discovery, or the router will fragment the packets down to a size appropriate for the WAN link.

I wish I could be more specific, but without being able to test it that is the most info I can give you right now.

Let me know how it goes,

Christopher Ebert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: