cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to make external IP point to internal address

tim.ragin7
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not sure if this is the proper section, or how to look through the forums to see if this question has been answered before, but I really need some help with this issue. Basically I have a group of static public IPs and I need one of them to point to an internal server IP address. This is for the RVS4000 router. If anyone needs more information to assist in answering I can readily provide it. Also, if anyone has any sources or topics on the forums that I can check for information I'd greatly appreciate it!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Timothy,

The RVS4000 doesn't support 1 to 1 nat. You will need a different router.

RV120W

RV220W

RV042

RV082

RV016

SA520

SA520W

SA540

All support configuration you're trying to accomplish.

Hope this helps,

Jasbryan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Timothy,

The RVS4000 doesn't support 1 to 1 nat. You will need a different router.

RV120W

RV220W

RV042

RV082

RV016

SA520

SA520W

SA540

All support configuration you're trying to accomplish.

Hope this helps,

Jasbryan

Is there any other configuration that could be used through port forwarding or something else in order to get an external IP to point to an internal address? I'm sure it'll be fine to get a new router, just want to make sure that's my only option before I report that there's nothing I can do. Thanks for the help so far!

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting. There is no way to give the RVS4000 more than one WAN IP address. You will need a router that supports One-to-One NAT.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: