cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I am using Verizon FiOS PPPoE on the RV180w and the PPTP does not work.

jefricllc
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone found a solution to this.

I am using an RV180w, with firmware 1.0.3.10.

Up until recently I was able to create a VPN connection from my internal windows 7 dsktops, through the RV10w to remote Windows servers on the Internet.  In the past week it suddenly stopped working.  I have changed NOTHING but the symptoms seem identical to what is described here.

I am using Verizon FiOS PPPoE on the RV180w and the PPTP does not work.

If I use the Verizon ActionTec router, the VPN works fine.

I have factory reset the RV180w multiple times.

Any help woul be greatly appreciated!!

2 Replies 2

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

Sounds like something changed on verizon's side if everything was working before.  Do you have vpn passthrough enabled on the rv180?  I'm assuming you're using the built-in windows pptp vpn client.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

rosscsoft
Level 1
Level 1

I had major issues using VPN passthrough with PPTP on the RV180W through a PPPoE internet connection. In the end I gave up - I think there are some PPTP servers that the RV180 just has trouble with.  I had no problems with 3 other routers straight out the box. Unfortunately I lost access to the VPN server before Cisco could fix.

See thread:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2174283?tstart=0

Its interesting that it used to work and now doesn't - maybe Verizon or the VPN server have had configuration changes?  Or maybe your antivirus has created a different profile for the different router - would be worth temporarily disabling any firewal/antivirus?

It would be good to try a different non-Verizon router if you can get your hands on one to see if Verizon network changes now require special features/settings on the router.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: