Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Implementing QOS over a VPN between 2 rvs4000

We have backup and other traffic over our vpn which is affecting  our ip phone service between two sites.  Our consultant suggested implementing QOS over the VPN to give the phone traffic priority.  Is this possible with the rvs4000. Is there any good source saying how to do it.  Is the setup of the QOS on this router similar to another router where this has been discussed.  I would appreciate any help you anyone can give to point us in the right direction.

1 REPLY
Bronze

Implementing QOS over a VPN between 2 rvs4000

Hello Craig,

Thank you for using the community forum.

To be honest, I am not sure. I don't think the device was built for that type of configuration. It looks like from the options it only can perform Qos From LAN to WAN, or WAN to LAN. While a VPN goes from LAN to WAN a VPN will create a virtual interface for that connection. I am not sure if the QoS policy will perform before it hits the route map or after. The better solution is to QoS the traffic to the router, so the router isn't prioritizing but the downstream device is.

I will have to check to see if the design will support your configuration.

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content