cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Increase Port 443 Security in RV082

scotty222
Level 1
Level 1

I recently installed a RV082 so that a branch office could have an always-on connection with the main office.  That branch, among others, processes credit cards for payment.  A security company, Security Metrics, scans their network and looks for any security vulnerabilities.  If the company fails the test they are charged a monthly fee to be able to continue processing credit cards.

The branch office that had the router installed failed due to several security issues involving port 443.  Is there a way to secure the port in the router?  I have attached the Securites Vulnerabilities report that gives the details.

The branch office does not have a server, only about 5 XP Pro workstations (one does the credit card transactions).  The other 3 branches have the same setup but they use PIX routers and they do not have any security issues.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

Which firmware is running on your RV082? The latest version 2.0.0.19-tm has several security patches, which are described in the firmware release notes.

I am running an old version 1.3.2.  I am going to do the update after hours and then run another security test tomorrow and report back.

Thanks