Views
Helpful
Replies

Internet Bandwidth Sharing on CISCO router

sugaranderson1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My current company is sharing an internet bandwidth with it's affiliated company. the affiliated company has the main connection for ADSL.

When i checked the physical cabling in the server room, i noticed that the ADSL port from the CISCO router is connected to the 1st

patch panel (truenet 5eT).

Can you please help me to understand how is the CISCO router configured for internet bandwidth sharing? How does this usually works?

Sorry for my question, im a newbie and trying to learn CISCO.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Sugar

7 Replies 7

sugaranderson1
Level 1
Level 1

hello!

i hope someone can give me an idea on how the internet bandwidth sharing works on cisco router.

like how it is configured.

thanks!

blwright
Level 1
Level 1

Sugar,

without knowing more about your network (i.e. what type of router you have) it makes it a little difficult to provide you with adequate assistance. Based on what you have described it sounds as if your company has an ethernet hand off. Your router is being used to create a separate network. Regarding bandwidth sharing, unless there are specific QoS (quality of service) rules in place, your router and every device connected to it would be allocated a portion of the bandwidth on an as needed basis. Meaning, if you have are downloading a large file then you would eat up more of the bandwidth. Hope this helps.

Blake Wright

Cisco SBSC Network Engineer

Hi Blake,

Thank you very much for your reply. i really appreciate it.

i have draw the network infrastructure in our server room as attached. i hope you can help me to understand on how the internet bandwidth sharing works on a cisco router and on how it is configured. thank you in advance and looking forward for your reply.

Hello everyone,

hope you can help me to share your knowledge on how the cisco router works through internet bandwidth sharing.

and on how it is configured. i have illustrated it as shown above.

thanks in advance.

regards,

Sugar

Hello everyone,

please help me with my question above.

thank you.

regards,

Sugar

i hope someone can help out.

Sugar,

This is an Enterprise supported device, Unfortunatly I am not a proctor and don't have rights to move the post, but it should really be made under the Enterprise section.

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security