Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IPSec Site-2-site between RV220W and C2821 doesn't come up

Hi,

Having set up site-2-site IPSec-connections between IOS based routers for years I've now entered new terrains trying to set up an IPSec site-2-site-tunnel between a RV220W (Release 1.0.3.5) and a C1821 Router running IOS 12.4.(3b).

For the setup: The remote-site sitting "behind" the RV220W runs a subnet out of our network and the IPSec tunnel should be used to connect this subnet to our main site in a secure way. So there's absolutely no NAT involved here, just plain vanilla routing.

On the RV220W-side I've set routing mode as "Router". I've also set up the respective IPSec-parameters the same on both ends of the connection. Since it's easier to upload as a file I've attached the config of the central router as "vpn-config-central-site.txt".

Here's my problem:

The IPSec tunnel is triggered once an outbound packets hits the RV220W-router on the remote site, stops however after some seconds.

In the log on the remote router I see several log entries. What puzzles me though is the line that says

"NAT not detected ..." (see attached file "log-remote-site.txt")

Similar things occur in the debug-log on the central router - negotiation of parameters seems to run up the the point when it reaches IKE_R_MM4 and then dies for no apparent reason (see attached file "log-central-site.txt").

Any ideas what's wrong here?

Thanks alot for any hints for getting this connection going!

-ewald

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content